To make our student life in Erlangen and Nuremberg as pleasant as possible, we need your support!
We, the Department for Urban Development , deal with all topics concerning living and learning for students in the cities of Erlangen and Nuremberg. Bicycle-friendliness and the cultural offerings of the cities for students are just two of the many topics here.
We are reorganising again, which means that you can have a say in which topics we want to focus on in the future.
The next meeting is 1.06. at 5 pm via Zoom
The university leadership is looking for your support! The FAU is providing a team for a dragon boat race on 10.7. and would like to win.
So if you have previous experience in the sport, would like to be in the same boat as the university management and are motivated to win a competition for FAU, write us a short message by Sunday, May 22 (to email@example.com and we will be happy to arrange it for you 🙂
We are happy that the 9€ ticket is available, because it also makes our semester ticket cheaper. But how is all this going to work? Here are the most important facts:
- The 9€ ticket can be purchased in the months of June, July and August respectively- With it, we can travel 24/7 on regional trains throughout Germany (not ICE, IC or EC)
- Our basic ticket will become a 9€ ticket, which means that we can travel 24/7 on regional trains throughout Germany with the basic ticket without having to purchase an additional ticket, so we can also travel to Sylt, for example 😉 – In the months of June, July and August
- Since our basic fee is 12,50€ per month (75€/6 months), we have paid 3,50€ too much for three months each, so in total 10,50€
- Since the basic ticket can be used all-around, the amount of the additional ticket is set to zero in the three months, which means half of the additional ticket is refunded (even if the additional ticket is purchased only now). Thus, the refund amount of the additional ticket is an additional 103,50€
- Students with additional ticket will thus receive a total of 114€ back, but most likely in separate ways. Basic ticket and additional ticket will be handled separately – how the offsetting, voucher redemption or refund of the basic ticket looks like is not yet finally clarified. We hope to have a final solution by Friday
- The refund of the additional ticket will probably go like this: For online purchases, an automatic refund to the deposited account; For vending machine purchases, you have to go to the customer center and submit a request. But here, too, the final solution will probably be communicated on Friday
We are currently also rebuilding our website, on which we also answer the most important questions: https://semesterticket.org/.
In order to get the semester ticket cheaper in the long run, the AK Semesterticket continues to collect signatures (we still need about 200 in Erlangen and 2,000 in Nuremberg). If you have time and want to help, please contact us at: https://stuve.fau.de/refs-aks-2/stadt/365e-ticket-fuer-studierende/
Contribution from the Green Office & ÖkoRef
75% less vehicle traffic, annual growth of 50% PV systems, six-fold increase in the renovation rate… All these are necessary changes that we need in Erlangen for climate neutrality by 2030 at the latest.
But this is only feasible if the companies and institutions join in. That’s why we have the KlimaAufbruch process, where the university and the student body are each involved as stakeholders.
At the workshop we will inform you and together we will record and maximise the students’ contribution. The results will also be used by the university management in their work.
Wed 01st June 18-20 hrs in the Kollegienhaus (KH 1.016). There will be drinks and pizza.
Climate change is an existential threat we have to stop. After the alarming new IPCC-report we want to present different approaches and strategies on how to effectively fight climate crisis. We will explain, why our individual consumption choices in the supermarket are not enough to defeat climate change. Instead we give an insight into different political movements that tackle the problem of climate crisis.
Come to our talk: Monday, 23.05. – 6 P.M. at Unterrichtsraum 2 of Hörsäle Medizin, Ulmenweg 18.