There have been many questions and uncertainties about the refund of the €9 ticket in recent weeks. All buyers of the additional ticket will be refunded €103.50. We have been working intensively on the issue – despite exam phases – and have been in contact with VGN and VAG almost daily. We can assume that both VAG and the corresponding payment service provider also worked under high pressure, we were even told about weekend shifts. The repayment action of over two million euros and over 20,000 people has never been experienced before – neither for VGN/VAG, its payment service provider, Paypal, banks and co. Even though we have always been promised July, we can state that we are comparatively fast on average in Germany when it comes to paying back the refund for semester tickets.
What is the current status (Tuesday August 9th):
- Purchase in NueMobilApp (approx. 5%) was already completely processed last week.
- PayPal (approx. 55%) should have been paid back by last Friday
- Credit cards/ApplePay/GooglePay (ca. 15%) were transferred on Monday
- SEPA direct debits (approx. 25%) were paid 1/3 last week and the other 2/3 should receive their money Thursday/Friday
- In total there were about 200 returns because the account was no longer available: You will all be contacted individually by the VAG.
Anyone who bought the additional ticket from a ticket machine must make the refund in person at the respective customer centre by the end of August. (We actually wanted it to go at least until the end of September) I.e.
- Purchase at DB ticket machine -> DB Customer Centre
- Purchase at VAG ticket machine -> VAG Customer Centre
- Purchase at the OVF ticket machine -> OVF Customer Centre
Our AK Semesterticket is also working on a permanently cheaper ticket. In order to develop more strength here, we are happy about every support, only together we can make a difference!
In the next Stuve-Newsletter, we will inform you about the offer improvements from the winter semester onwards.
Find out more on our Instagram and feel free to send us an email if you have any questions or want to get involved .