There have been many questions and uncertainties about the refund of the €9 ticket in recent weeks. All buyers of the additional ticket will be refunded €103.50. We have been working intensively on the issue – despite exam phases – and have been in contact with VGN and VAG almost daily. We can assume that both VAG and the corresponding payment service provider also worked under high pressure, we were even told about weekend shifts. The repayment action of over two million euros and over 20,000 people has never been experienced before – neither for VGN/VAG, its payment service provider, Paypal, banks and co. Even though we have always been promised July, we can state that we are comparatively fast on average in Germany when it comes to paying back the refund for semester tickets.
What is the current status (Tuesday August 9th):
- Purchase in NueMobilApp (approx. 5%) was already completely processed last week.
- PayPal (approx. 55%) should have been paid back by last Friday
- Credit cards/ApplePay/GooglePay (ca. 15%) were transferred on Monday
- SEPA direct debits (approx. 25%) were paid 1/3 last week and the other 2/3 should receive their money Thursday/Friday
- In total there were about 200 returns because the account was no longer available: You will all be contacted individually by the VAG.
Anyone who bought the additional ticket from a ticket machine must make the refund in person at the respective customer centre by the end of August. (We actually wanted it to go at least until the end of September) I.e.
- Purchase at DB ticket machine -> DB Customer Centre
- Purchase at VAG ticket machine -> VAG Customer Centre
- Purchase at the OVF ticket machine -> OVF Customer Centre
Our AK Semesterticket is also working on a permanently cheaper ticket. In order to develop more strength here, we are happy about every support, only together we can make a difference!
In the next Stuve-Newsletter, we will inform you about the offer improvements from the winter semester onwards.
Find out more on our Instagram and feel free to send us an email if you have any questions or want to get involved .
Studying can present a wide range of challenges for people with physical and mental disabilities. In a relaxed atmosphere, the Zoom chat on 12 August at 4 p.m. will provide a digital space for networking and exchanging tips and tricks about studying with disabilities. The chat takes place regularly on every 2nd Friday. The link to the Zoom chat is available on the website of the Office for Gender and Diversity.
Your “Studierendenwerk” invites you to the open stage Musenhäppchen on 28 July from 7 pm – finally live on site again in the Mensa Langemarckplatz. This time we have an extremely diverse and international programme – including music, poetry and improvised theatre.
As always, there will be snacks for all visitors during the break, and drinks can be purchased on site.
We look forward to your visit!
Studying can present a wide range of challenges for people with physical and mental disabilities. In a relaxed atmosphere, the Zoom chat on 15 July at 4 p.m. will provide a digital space for networking and exchanging tips and tricks about studying with disabilities. The chat takes place regularly on every 2nd Friday. The link to the Zoom chat is available on the website of the Office for Gender and Diversity .
You can make a valuable contribution to more educational justice in our society! Our non-profit organisation matches students as volunteer tutors with schoolchildren from low-income families for whom paid tutoring is not an option.
Of course, the whole thing doesn’t work without a bit of organisation behind it. We are looking for reinforcement for our three teams:
- Communication: social media presence, creating advertising material, public relations, fundraising, fun.
- Pupils: Contact with social institutions, organisation of pupils, fun.
- Students: Contact with students, arranging tutoring couples, organising get-togethers, fun
Have we caught your interest? Then just write us an e-mail . or come to one of our meetings (every second Wednesday at 8 pm in Turnstraße 7, room 01.015).
Our next meeting is on 06.07.2022!
(Of course, we are always looking for committed tutors).
Your Erlangen SbS team
Further information about the association can be found here .