The constituent meetings of the student faculty councils took place a few days ago and the Student Council also met for the first time. Moritz Meckl was elected chairman and Lars Longerich vice-chairman. Further committee positions will be determined at the second constituent meeting on 05. August. You can find more information here.
Even though it’s getting a bit quieter as the semester break approaches, we are still working on a few topics. In August, we will again be discussing construction issues with the FSVs and the Chancellor’s Office, and we are currently collecting feedback on the new Campo portal. If you have any positive or negative feedback, please let us know heree. The cut in funding for the DAAD and everywhere else in the education and science sector is also an issue for us at the moment.
There are also plans to run the university group checkback again in August after a longer break, so that the information on the website can be updated and it can be ensured which groups are still active.
Let’s move on to the next round, the 2nd constituent meeting of the Council will take place on 5 August from 6 p.m. in the Small Lecture Hall in Bismarkstraße. First the Convention will meet in camera, then the delegations for the committees will be made, for which you do not have to be an elected member of the Council.
- Commission for Research and Young Academics (1x voting and 1x deputy)
- Commission for Teaching and Studies (2x)
- Examination Commission (2x)
- Commission for Internationalisation (1x voting and 1x deputy)
- Representatives in the DAAD (1x voting and 1x deputy)
- Central Committee for the Use of Study Grants (7 with voting rights and 7 deputies)
- Library Commission (1x voting and 1x deputy)
- Equal Opportunities Commission (1x voting and 1x deputy)
- Board of the Centre for Teacher Education [ZFL] (2x voting, 2x deputy, 1x advisory)
- Representatives in the ZiWiS General Assembly (2x)
- Delegates for the LAK (any)
If you are interested in one of the committees you are welcome to come to the meeting to apply as soon as the public part starts. You can also send an application to the mailing list of the Student Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) to introduce yourself. You can also use this option if you cannot be present on Friday, but it would be preferable to be present in order to answer questions from members.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Speakers Council (email@example.com)!
Questions about good teaching, feedback on your studies or suggestions for a better FAU? On 15 of August 2022 from 6 to 7 p.m., the Vice President of Education, Prof. Dr. Bärbel Kopp, and the Student Council invite you to a walk and talk in the Schlossgarten. All questions are welcome.